Thursday, June 30, 2016

TATTOOS

In my teen years, I always kinda thought tattoos were cool. I mean, I saw all the "cool kids" having some kind of distinct cool tattoo and everyone was chattering about how cool they were.

Anyways, my mom had sense to ward me away from getting into stuff like that; tattoos" because of how hard it can be for a young black man as myself wearing tattoos could give off that roguish ghetto black thug vibe that would discriminate me from getting into any professional office jobs I may have applied to.

Even so, I wasn't really that "into" tattoos personally but always was "fascinated by the art"; the only thing I really hated or disliked about tattoos on the "Cons side" is that ink tattoos were usually permanent jobs. I didn't like that. I like to have OPTIONS to be able to take off or leave a tattoo if I got one. I hate "permanent activities" where I can't change something that's not favourable when it's not necessary.

Tattoos are merely a self-invested aesthetic pleasure and luxury; it doesn't mean anything more than the meaning of the art itself and what it means to the owner/wearer.

Well now, I hear there's these new tattoos that are not permanent that people can decide to have taken off as they (the tattoos) disappear off the surface of the skin in about a year. So that's good for people who do decide to get tattoos; they can "change their mind" to take those images off their body and not be "stuck with it" the rest of their lives...

Yeah, at this point, IF I was ever still in the world as a naïve, rebellious believer I would most likely go with this new non-permanent option of "temporary tattoos" because I like flexibility of not being "pigeon-holed" into an unfavourable situation of which I have no control of changing if I can.

Either way, regardless as a CHRISTIAN of the Lord Jesus Christ I know that "tattoos" are AGAINST God's Word!

If you are a fellow CHRISTIAN you should NOT get tattoos anywhere on your body! You hear me brother/sister!

As Christians our bodies are a "living sacrifice" unto the Lord, we are NOT "our own" we BELONG TO JESUS! Our natural, physical, earthly body is the TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST and GOD expects His Temple to be kept clean and maintained in purity and holiness without "spot" or "blemish".

"Tattoos" on a Christian's body is like typical ragtag street graffiti on a multi-million dollar mansion... Smh... Who would really want that? I mean SERIOUSLY... I know I don't. It messes up the whole house. Which is why GOD wants us His Children to present our bodies as acceptable vessels WORTHY of carrying His Gift of ETERNAL LIFE provided by His HOLY GHOST.

Now I'm not saying I have anything against my beloved brethren in Christ who have tattoos on their body as a result of a past lifestyle before they turned to the Lord. Please, PLEASE don't get me wrong: I am NOT speaking against believers who have tattoos on their bodies BEFORE they turned to Christ; as it's in their PAST and I can't and do not hold nothing against my brothers and sisters. I'm not "self-righteous" like that and I don't mean that. I have my own "past" of stuff I did I shouldn't have done before I truly turned to the Lord, which is what this site is mainly about. Amen.

What I am speaking against is Christians who are fellow believers who STILL THINK IT'S "OKAY" to "have tattoos" as a Christian when it is NOT okay with GOD.

If God was NOT against people wearing tattoos I would not be speaking against people wearing tattoos.

As I even made mention earlier I considered getting tattoos in my teens (preferably something like "henna dye tattoos" at the time I was leisurely researching... but that was a dead end in the end).

KJV Leviticus 19:28,  Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

KJV 1 Corinthians 6:19-20,

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

AMEN.

~ Sincerely,

Bro. Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment